Drywall around shower stall

I have a fiberglass shower stall and when it is used, water splashes off of who ever is using it and wets the first 4-6 inches of wall at the top of the shower stall. This of course has eventually caused the paint and what ever else the builder used to crack. What are my options? I figure worse case, I can cut out the first foot or so up of drywall/greenboard replace and tile. Is there any type of mud or paint I could use to seal the wall?

Reply to
bslusse

Have You tried prepping and applying a high gloss paint? The more gloss the better it repels water and the easier to wipe clean..That's why bathrooms and kitchens are often glossy..You may or may not want to gloss the entire bathroom due to steam,,a good vent fan helps with that of course.. Personally I do'nt like high gloss paint but I do see the sense in certain applications..Satin is usually enough gloss for Me in LRs and BRs.. Dean

Reply to
Dean