Drywall alternative?

I hate finishing drywall. Is there an alternative other than 1/4 inch thick paneling that is still cost effective? I had considered 3/8 thick masonite siding but I don't know if that would meet the fire code for interior use.
Bob
Add pictures here
✖
You might be interested in pre-finished vinyl rock.
Each manufacturer has a line. Here is the one for National: http://www.national-gypsum.com/products/?query Êt:8&product

✖

You could consider veneer plaster. It is slightly more expensive than drywall, but the finishing is quicker and less messy (very little dust).
Cheers, Wayne
Add pictures here
✖