Drywall Adaptor For Screwgun

I occassionally do drywall repair around the house. I know you are supposed to dimple before screwing, but I usually am careful to screw and slightly countersink the screw without breaking the paper. I hope this is ok! I don't want to invest in a drywall screwgun and many times a drywall hammer would not work because of a small patch and fear of breaking it. Can I get a drywall screw adaptor for a regular screwgun?
if by a drywall screw adapter you mean a phillips head with a hood on it so the screw only goes in so far, ya you can get those.
randy

supposed
get

supposed
get
make it or not, but it does pretty much what you describe. No way would I hang drywall with the thing, but it works ok for the occasional use. Look in the drill bit section of you local tool or big box home center. They are chucked into your drill. Dave

I have used one many times and find nothing whatsoever wrong with it.
I've used the "hooded" Philips bit dozens of times and I love it. Just to put it in perspective I do own a professional drywall gun and several other drywall screw tools but when doing ceiling work I love a light 12v cordless drill and the Philips bit described. It's cheap and easy to replace when it breaks.

supposed
get

supposed
get
What is wrong with just using the regular screwgun? Doesn't it have an adjustable depth setting? I have yet to see a screwgun that can not be used for decks and for drywall.
-- Mike D.
www.stopassaultnow.org
Remove .spamnot to respond by email
On Sat, 15 May 2004 22:25:36 -0500, "Mike Dobony"

The dimpler sets the screw at the right depth automatically. Without it you would have to try to release the trigger at just the right moment. The clutch on a screwgun depends on force, not on depth.

slightly
hammer
used
No, there is no clutch on a SCREWGUN. It has a DEPTH adjustment. Or are you calling a DRILL with a clutch a screwgun? In which you can use a dimpler or an adjustable depth adapter in the DRILL.