Drying Inside Walls / Mildew

I've opened up the RFP at the back of my shower and removed five 4x6 baseboard tiles that were loose. I put a dehumidifier in the bathroom and closed the door. Can I reasonably expect that most of the moisture will have been removed in 24 hours?

Would it be a good idea to spray some Clorox or something similar wherever I can reach before closing everything up to prevent mildew?

-- Bob Simon remove both "x"s from domain for private replies

Reply to
Bob Simon

No... give it several days, especially if there is no air movement in the room to draw the dampness out.

As long as you give the wall a week or so to dry out afterwards.

Reply to
Noozer