This is a Magic Chef Heavy Duty dryer. I was drying some clothes and
then I opened the door to take something out. I smelled a kind of
burnt/excessive heat smell. I tried to start the dryer again but it
wouldn't start. First, it made a kind of buzzing sound but then when
I pressed the knob again it didn't make any noise at all.
TIA for any advice.
On Jun 23, 8:57 pm, bird firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
It's possible the theromostat has gone kaput; something that happens
occasionally. If the dryer fails to come on again you'll have to call
a repair man-- uh, repair person-- and have them check it out.
The thermostats are extremely easy to replace and easily accessable once
behind the dryer. They are down near the vent and heater. This link is
for Whirlpool/Kenmore but has pics of part locations on dryer. Mayeb
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.