Dryer won't start

This is a Magic Chef Heavy Duty dryer. I was drying some clothes and then I opened the door to take something out. I smelled a kind of burnt/excessive heat smell. I tried to start the dryer again but it wouldn't start. First, it made a kind of buzzing sound but then when I pressed the knob again it didn't make any noise at all.

TIA for any advice.

Reply to
bird_222

Hi, Is the filter clean? Did you check the breaker for dryer? Then, maybe the high heat limit sensor is triggered. When the dryer cools off, it may start again.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

It's possible the theromostat has gone kaput; something that happens occasionally. If the dryer fails to come on again you'll have to call a repair man-- uh, repair person-- and have them check it out.

Ron

Reply to
Ron

Sounds like your motor seized up.

Reply to
Claude Hopper

Well this morning it started up again. Maybe it was that heat sensor. Is there anything that could be damaged by getting too hot?

Reply to
bird_222

Hi, Check the vent? Air has to flow free.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Check the air vent and filter for lint build up. Make sure the belt that turns the tumbler is not loose or jammed. Is there anything which needs lubrication? Does anything bind?

Reply to
franz fripplfrappl

Ron wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

The thermostats are extremely easy to replace and easily accessable once behind the dryer. They are down near the vent and heater. This link is for Whirlpool/Kenmore but has pics of part locations on dryer. Mayeb helpful.

Red Green