Dryer won't start

This is a Magic Chef Heavy Duty dryer. I was drying some clothes and then I opened the door to take something out. I smelled a kind of burnt/excessive heat smell. I tried to start the dryer again but it wouldn't start. First, it made a kind of buzzing sound but then when I pressed the knob again it didn't make any noise at all.
TIA for any advice.
Add pictures here
✖
bird snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote:

Is the filter clean? Did you check the breaker for dryer? Then, maybe the high heat limit sensor is triggered. When the dryer cools off, it may start again.
Add pictures here
✖

Well this morning it started up again. Maybe it was that heat sensor. Is there anything that could be damaged by getting too hot?
Add pictures here
✖
bird snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote:

Hi, Check the vent? Air has to flow free.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 23, 8:57 pm, bird snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote:

It's possible the theromostat has gone kaput; something that happens occasionally. If the dryer fails to come on again you'll have to call a repair man-- uh, repair person-- and have them check it out.
Ron
Add pictures here
✖

The thermostats are extremely easy to replace and easily accessable once behind the dryer. They are down near the vent and heater. This link is for Whirlpool/Kenmore but has pics of part locations on dryer. Mayeb helpful.
http://www.cheapapplianceparts.com/repair-information/dryer-repair.html#DRYER%20WILL%20NOT%20START%20MOST%20COMMON%20REASONS
Add pictures here
✖
bird snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote:

Sounds like your motor seized up.
--
Claude Hopper :)

? ? ¥
✖
On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 20:57:21 -0700, bird_222 wrote:

Check the air vent and filter for lint build up. Make sure the belt that turns the tumbler is not loose or jammed. Is there anything which needs lubrication? Does anything bind?

Franz Fripplfrappl
✖