Dryer vents and gas meters...

Page 3 of 3

No hissifit, just a reaction. It depends. I've done a little plumbing- like stuff, some electrical, and carpentry/furniture stuff. All self- taught, since my profession was biochemistry (but that did involve some plumbing with hydrogen, air and nitrogen lines for our gaschromatographs, so I do know about leak testing). Coming from a country with 220V 50Hz electrical lines, and the life experience that it's the amps, not the voltage that hurts most, electrical is generally simple if you're careful. Nowadays, with the brother of my son-in-law as a somewhat experienced electrician's helper, it is even easier. But, if it is likely to be more complicated than I know for sure I can do, I let my fingers do the walking. I respect diplomas and licenses, but common sense prevails. In a few days I'm getting a home energy audit, and I'll see what I can tackle myself and where I will hire a professional.
--
Best regards
Han
On Sunday, March 11, 2012 12:56:34 PM UTC-4, Duesenberg wrote:

Does your dryer shoot flames out the vent on a regular basis?
Does your gas meter leak on a regular basis?
If the dryer is shooting flames out the vent, you've got bigger problems.

Actually, if there is a leak, it would most likely be the pressure regulator that would leak through it's vent. The meter is unlikely to leak unless you punched or drilled a hole into it.

Hey, like Blade Runner? I've always wondered why cities in the future would have flames shooting out all over the place when a flying car passes by? ^_^
TDD