Dryer venting question?

Hello to all! I have a question that I thought someone might be able to help me with. We are remodeling our house and adding 600 sq. ft. Our laundry facilities are moving from the garage to a laundry room approximately in the middle of the house. There is no easy way to run a horizontal vent to an outside wall. What is the best way to vent our dryer? Can I run the vent up to the attic and then to the outside? Can I just run the vent to the attic and put a lint trap in attic? Is a booster fan what I need? Any input would be welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Matthew

Reply to
matthew siroky

Venting into the attic is a fire hazard in addition to other problems already mentioned. If you vent up, include a clean-out. Daughter has a Miele dryer that vents into a bucket of water and works very well. TB

Reply to
tbasc

Do NOT vent into the attic. Vent outside. Find the specs for your dryer and the maximum vent length and see if you fall under that limit, otherwise vent to an outside wall and use a booster fan.

Reply to
FDR

"matthew siroky" wrote in news:H-2dnb snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

As long as the vent is only a single story high, then you should not have any problems. I own a couple of duplexes where the dryers are vented up through the roof and they work just fine. Mind you, these are one story buildings with shallow roofs. if you have a two story house or a steep pitched roof you may have different results.

Do not vent dirrectly into the attic. This is A Bad Idea (tm). Moisture = Condensation= Mold and Rot = Expensive repair.

Reply to
Gordon Reeder