Dryer venting into garage ok?

My basement is half celler and half 2 car garage, is there any reason I shouldnt or cant vent my dryer into the garage during the Fall/Winter? When I bought my house a year ago there was a dryer vent from the cellar to the garage but the dryer was vented elsewhere out of the cellar.
thanks,chris

You might end up with a fuzzy car.........

R U S T The excessive moisture is bad for your car, bad for anything in the garage. May be against building code.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

And lint flying around on the garage floor? The smell of laundry? I wouldn't. If you must, install heat recovery device and lint trap on the vent first. Tony

outside.
Check with the AHJ and see what they say

Probably not very smart for gas or electric due to combustible vapors in the garage (could potentially blow back into vent before dryer goes BOOM!). And with gas dryer, there is potential carbon monoxide (like leaving the engine running with garage door closed).
--
David Efflandt - All spam ignored http://www.de-srv.com /

take the clothes out of the washer and ring them out in the bathtub. see all that water? would you spray that much water all over your garage walls on a regular basis? cause after it condenses thats exactly what you're doing.
in short, vent it outside.
randy

Venting to a garage will encourage rust and dust. Venting to a carport is okay.
Chris C. wrote:

It's fine, as long as you take the garage door off. You don't want to pump all that heat and lint into the garage promoting rust, and rot and during the summer, additional heat. I would guess most areas also prohibit it in code. You also risk the fire and health hazards of providing a way of fumes coming into the living area of your home.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
At least your garage will smell Downy Fresh, but,, all others spoke.
My dryer backs up to the garage. It is now vented 25' to the back of the house and I have have been thinking of going to the garage, but have doubted it was a good idea.
I guess I will cross it off completely now. thanks all. (My wife is unenthusiastic about putting it out to the front of the house.)
Most building codes require a 1 hour fire-wall between the house and the garage. Running a dryer vent through the wall will eliminate the safety factor that the fire-wall provides, and would be against code.

Thanks all, I think Ill close out that idea.

In the winter I vent my dryer right back into the house, I can use the heat and humidity. In the summer I vent outside, I want neither heat or humidity.
--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/