Dryer vent to garage?

Sure, but you need bends to get from the dryer to the outside. Very few would be a straight line to the outside wall at the proper height.

Do you have a suggestion about what kind of device to use to clean out the vent pipe? I have a vent that comes out of the dryer (on the main floor), goes about six inches straight into the wall, then makes a 180 degree turn to another 16 feet of straight pipe into the back yard. None of it is flex, and of course it is all inaccessible, as the basement ceiling is finished over the entire thing. I thought about maybe pushing a wire through the whole thing and then pulling a rag back through, but what a problem I'd have if the rag were to get stuck in there. Is there maybe a tool made for this?
John

been there, done that
Had rental condo with a long (~20') of either 4" or 6" PVC,
Over the years the tenant complained of long drying times. I checked the short length of flex from the dryer to wall & it usually had some lint, cleaned it out & performance improved.
Finally I decide to check & attmpet to clean the long run.
Here's how I did it. I used an electrical fish tape to pull a small nylon rope (3/16 or 1/4") thru the vent. I used a 50' piece. I pulled it thru with the fish tape untill it excited at the pullling end. Working witha helper I tied a bundle of old towel (no too big) at the mid point of the rope.
My helper I & pulled it thru the pipe with a sawing action until we worked it all the way thru. We got a hunk of lint about the equivalent of a handful of socks.
We increased the towel bundle size & just pulled it straight thru. we got some more but not a lot.
Drying times were cut almost in half.
cheers Bob

snip
Any suggestions on who carries lengths of metal pipe. Home Depot and Lowes down here in Sunny FL only have two foot sections. I temped mine in with a 50section of the spirally stuff because I didn't want 25 connections in the pipe. I've even checked with the little hardware stores and they all say use the 2ft sections.
Steve B.