dryer vent overlapping black pipe gas

I want to put a dryer in but as of right now I have to run the vent directly in front of some black pipe... they will be touching unless I put something to put the vent pipe off of the black pipe. Don't know if I'm making sense... is the heat from the vent enough to cause problems? Thanks, Jay

No! It is fine. Dryer discharge is normally pretty low temp. A lot of people use plastic hoses to vent their dryers.
Colbyt
<< A lot of people use plastic hoses to vent their dryers. >>
Those that follow the dryer instructions use metal vents. Tends to keep building inspectors in a good frame of mind. YMMV
Joe

Dissimilar metals can be an issue like copper and galvanized pipe. I would just tape the black iron pipe and install METAL exhaust pipe. Read the directions, every 90 degree elbow increases static pressure. Bigger pipe is better some times
Thank you all for the info!