Dryer Vent Noise

My neighbor's exterior dryer vent (about 30 yards from my deck) is making a lot of noise. Any suggestions (either at his end or at mine) to reduce the noise? I don't want to go to him with a complaint. I'd like to go with a solution.

--JB

Reply to
JB

You could offer to duct it up the wall. If it's pointing at you, it'll be louder.

Reply to
glenn P

it's annoying him too, buy him an energy saving replacement vent.

JB wrote:

Reply to
buffalobill

wrote:l> My neighbor's exterior dryer vent (about 30 yards from my deck) is making a.> lot of noise. Any suggestions (either at his end or at mine) to reduce the5> noise? I don't want to go to him with a complaint. I'd like to go with ai> solution.k> .> --JB

Reply to
JB

Are you sure it isn't his water heater? The modern high efficient ones make a lot of noise. They don't exhaust up a chimney. The exhaust goes out the side of the house.

Reply to
New & Improved - N/F John

any chance its a lennox pulse furnace? they are known far and wide for being very noisey:(

Reply to
hallerb

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (JB) wrote in news:usqdnb3tR9cCPGrZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Go over at night and shoot it full of spray foam would probably take care of it...from you POV anyway :-)

Reply to
Al Bundy