Dryer Vent Inline Diverter Energy Saver - Advice wanted

Page 2 of 2

It'll be messy with the lint that it leaves at the exit.

My mother used one of these in Iowa for a couple of years. Yes the lint and dust when up some. Yes it did make the laundry room warm and some what humid. She installed panty hose over the outlet for some filtering. Had to be changed frequently at least for my mom.
Depending on where your dryer is located and where the exhaust hose runs it could help a bit.
Moms dryer was in the basement and was vented up to the ground level for exhaust.