Dryer vent hose

Can anyone tell me the max length of a dryer vent hose? Also would it be better to run a steel 4" hose/pipe in place of those expandable plastic or metal dryer vent hoses.

Thanks

Reply to
Ed Hayes

This is Turtle.

I got into this on a job when installing hvac system with it. We had a

92+% afue gas furnace to install and had to run a new electric drier vent to the outside too . we run the two 4" PVC lines side by side and exited out the eves of the building. It was run 44 feet and 1-- 90 Degree elbow and one 45 degree fitting each on both lines. It worked fine and was check on the drier like this. We removed the vent line from the drier and took the temperature of the vent gass. then put the 44 foot vent line back on it and let it run like that for about 10 minutes and check the temperature of the air coming out the eves of the drier vent and the temperature was 2 degree colder than without the vent attached.

So you can say 44 feet [ with a 90 degree elbow and a 45 degree fitting also ] would be a start.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

the old style of plastic has been replaced with the metal. the lenght may be in your new maytag dryer manual.

your answer is at:

buffalobill

Hi,

Solid metal venting is always better than the flexable hoses.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

The allowable length depends on the dryer as they don't all have the same needs. It should be indicated in the paperwork that came with the dryer. Average is about 50 feet with reductions for elbows.

Anything is better than that expandable plastic hose. Non-corrugated steel pipe is best. Do not connect sections together with screws as the screws will catch lint and cause buildup. Use the metal duct tape available in the heating and air conditioning area not cloth duct tape to hold the sections together.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan