Dryer vent box thingy ?

Hi, in my new house, where the dryer goes is against a concrete block wall between the main house and the garage. There's a hole broken thru the block wall for the dryer vent to run and I have it temporarily hooked up this way - the dryer just blows out into the garage.
The hole is quite a distance from an exterior wall so I can't figure a way to redirect the hot air outside. It's be a 20 foot run to get to an exterior wall.
I heard there's some kind of box you can use in such situations (blast box ?) that I could put in the garage over the hole i the wall, to catch lint and diffuse the hot air.
Does this ring any bells ?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Not a good idea to vent into the garage. It will vent warm moist air into the garage. No what in the garage might be damaged by warm moist air? Do you keep cars in there, they rust? Is there wood in there, it rots? Get it vented outside.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
On 20 Nov 2005 09:58:15 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

A twenty foot run is OK to do based on my experience. My current house vents the dryer up two stories and out the roof which is probably closer to a 30 foot run. Seems to have worked fine although it does need to be cleaned out once in a while.
Is this what your looking for??? http://www.dryerbox.com /
Bg

where are you located?
My parents dryer is in & vents into the garage. Lint is captured with "doubled knee-hi stocking" over the vent. No problem with moisture (rot / corrosion) or lint build-up
This installation has been running this way for about 45 years
House in central Orange County, CA
if the mositure would be a problem do the 20 run in dryer vent (the smooth stuff) & concider a booster fan.
cheers Bob
Dryerbox - No, that's funny, I ran across that just before I posted. Based on the feedback I will give more thought to venting this thing out the wall. I did have to spend some time in the garage today while the dryer was running, and golly it was humid.
Our dryer originally was vented out the ceiling and roof of the house but it kept getting stopped up and we had to change it. We had a man come in and he vented it out the wall into the garage where he then hooked it to a vent pipe which runs up into the ceiling and across, into the soffit on the outside.. It has a clean-out place in the garage in case we need it. We have had no problems since he did this. He also did our neighbors and she hasn't had any problems either. My laundry room backs up to the garage.
roger61611> wrote

If this is a new home, as you said, I'm wondering how the home was issued a certificate of occupancy if the dryer was not vented in accordance to code? An improperly vented dryer is a potential fire issue.