Dryer vent

true there! that would require a charcoal filter or something

Iiii just think it's too much heat to let outside.

I also think it should be worth the effort, meaning, if you have 2 loads of clothes a day, then I'd say it's justified to capture the heat. why not. but for the summer? I can't think of anything useful for the heat, i'd want that vented outside.

Reply to
bebo

OK gang, no more fighting! The new cap is installed and sealed. But now I found a bunch of air leaks near the foundation!! Chas

Reply to
Chas12

It is amazing to me how people who know nothing about HVAC have such strong opinions concerning goofy devices that affect the air in their houses. Yes, the dryer vent diverter will add heat to your house. It will also add a lot of moisture in a small space, which can cause problems, like mold. If you exhaust the dryer into a large room in a large house, probably OK. But there is no control on the dryer to detect when you get too much humidity in your house. You find out when the wallpaper starts peeling or the inside of the windows sweat.

If it is a gas dryer, you are also adding CO2. Some CO will also be added, which can be dangerous in concentrations over 5 PPM.

Unless you have instruments constantly measuring these things, qith alarms for high concentrations, I do not suggest doing it.

OP please note: PVC dryer exhaust duct violates codes in most areas. However in our area they allow it ONLY if it is burried in a concrete slab. The inspectors allow it but the code does not. (Inspector wins).

Stretch

Reply to
Stretch

now you wish you had that extra heat that you've successfully managed to pipe outside

Reply to
chickenwing

Nah....you keep fooling yourself. I like it when people do that and go to sell their home later...

Ive got pics of one that the people did that....amazing. Foolish...

BTW..I can afford to run my dryer.

Reply to
CBHVAC

Reply to
Chas12

Reply to
Chas12

NO SCREWS. Only metal tape and mastic.

Reply to
CBHVAC

no screws? How come?

Reply to
Chas12

that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard

so f****ng throw a fan in there

moisture is removed from hot air as it passes through the water first it's just a basic fundamental fact of a natural process

keep on wasting heat Streetch

Reply to
chickenwing

Even if you did stop water vapor from being in the exuast with the bucket idea, which I dought, you are adding poison from burnt Ng, Co, mercaptain, sulfer etc. Indoor air can be bad enough in tight houses without adding more junk to breath.

Reply to
m Ransley

mine is vented outside

if I used it alot I would keep it in the house I don't wanna change the water or reload some quality air device filter

Reply to
chickenwing

Its not code in most areas, because they catch and build up lint.

Reply to
CBHVAC