Dryer vent

no screws? How come?

Its not code in most areas, because they catch and build up lint.
Stretch wrote:

that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard
so fucking throw a fan in there
moisture is removed from hot air as it passes through the water first it's just a basic fundamental fact of a natural process
keep on wasting heat Streetch
Even if you did stop water vapor from being in the exuast with the bucket idea, which I dought, you are adding poison from burnt Ng, Co, mercaptain, sulfer etc. Indoor air can be bad enough in tight houses without adding more junk to breath.
m Ransley wrote:

mine is vented outside
if I used it alot I would keep it in the house I don't wanna change the water or reload some quality air device filter

Nah....you keep fooling yourself. I like it when people do that and go to sell their home later...
Ive got pics of one that the people did that....amazing. Foolish...
BTW..I can afford to run my dryer.

Don't know about pipe, but I've seen vents to the outside with louvers that open when there is output and close when it stops. I wouldthink Sears or HomeDepot or any appliance store would have this.
I don't have this, but I have an indoor/outdoor box, and when I have set if for indoors, which is any time cold enough that I might run the furnace, the door inside the box goes up and closes off the duct to the outside vent. It has a removable lint screen to keep lint from blowing around the basement.
When the door is down, it closes off the output to the inside of the house and routes everything the outside. No lint screen in that direction but there is one in the dryer itself.
I think this all works pretty well, but I suppose I should check if cold air is leaking in. (I'm around there a lot however and haven't notcied any.).
I just put one of these in a clients kitchen vent: http://www.batticdoor.com/dryerventseal.html She had one of those louver type vents but it leaked like crazy. She had rags stuffed in the louvers and every time she used the stove she had to run outside and pull out the rags, replacing them after. The unit works great and the people were very nice to deal with. She thinks it looks cool and needless to say is very happy. We actually ordered 2 and the other one is waiting to go on her dryer vent. If you order 4 shipping is free. RIchard
That is it, www.batticdoor.com louvers wont seal anything , batticdoor closes and drops down an inch for a fairly positive seal. Louvers leak...Imaging taking 3" pvc vertical, and dropping a closed 31/6" cap on it, it seals, when dryer blows air pressure raises it, non powered louvers can`t ever provide a positive seal of airflow. and dryer types ive seen are cheap by design and build.
Yup, that's the one I'm looking for! Chas

I had a louver one on my old house, and it got clogged with lint often. Chas

PVC can be used, although metal piping is recommended. Most dryer hoods will close properly if cleaned regularly.