Dryer rust repair?

We noticed our clothes sometimes have rust marks after we do laundry. We tracked it down to the dryer. It seems there is a rusty area between the rotating drum and the inner frame. Portions of clothes that get between the drum and the frame get the rust marks on them.

I was thinking of using something like duct tape to cover the rusty areas, but that's probably a bad idea considering the heat inside the dryer. My current thinking is to actually repair the rusty areas.

What's the best way to treat the rusty areas to remove the rust, and then seal them so they don't rust again.

georgie

Hi,

Dryer make, model#?

Some model# helps.

We don't know the design/style/model of the dryer, but *normally* there shouldn't be a space for clothes to get into.

Might be needed.... Spray paint flo-coat gray Great for coating chipped clothes dryer drums. Gray acrylic paint.

13-ounce spray can.
jeff. Appliance Repair Aid
Appliance Repair Aid