Dryer problem

I have a Maytag gas dryer.The timer will not move if I have it set to auto dry.If I set it to timed dry it works fine.I assume there must be a moisture sensor somewhere that has failed.What does this sensor look like and where is it located. Thanks
Gary wrote:

Gary wrote:

Hi,
Model#?
Maytag has built several dozen different dryers!
Some info on a common "auto" cycle.... http://www.applianceaid.com/general.html#timers
Restricted air flow, grounded element, bad thermostat are a few comon things that can prevent the auto cycle from working.