Dryer problem

I have a Maytag gas dryer.The timer will not move if I have it set to auto dry.If I set it to timed dry it works fine.I assume there must be a moisture sensor somewhere that has failed.What does this sensor look like and where is it located. Thanks

Reply to
Gary

You probably have a clogged vent.

Reply to
CJT

which would be a definite fire hazard. It's the cause of most dryer fires.

Reply to
AlfredE

Hi,

Model#?

Maytag has built several dozen different dryers!

Some info on a common "auto" cycle....

Restricted air flow, grounded element, bad thermostat are a few comon things that can prevent the auto cycle from working.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid