Dryer Paint

Noticed paint failure on the inside door of a functioning gas dryer. Any suggestions regarding the type of spray paint to use for repair?

Can of spray paint. Personally I like Krylon. You'll never match the factory applied finish for durability. But something is better than nothing.

Probably appliance epoxy would be the best choice. Just scuff with a painter's Scotchbrite pad (get it at the auto parts store, not the cleaning section of the hardware store) then spray prime any bare metal, and have at it. Windex makes a great wipe down, although using a lint free rag is key. (I like flour sack material if you don't have real tack cloths.)
nate
There is paint especially for hot surfaces, such as grills, stove vent pipes, etc. I'd try that.

I specifically didn't recommend that because I used some to repaint a vent grille on an old gas stove (downdraft vent in middle of cooking surface) and it wore off very quickly (as in, within a few months I might as well have done nothing;) I can't see that black paint rubbing off on your clean laundry would be a desirable thing. Maybe some white VHT header paint would be acceptable though? I'm thinking that the original paint was probably appliance epoxy to begin with, or maybe powder coat, not any super high temp stuff.
nate
On 6/9/2011 2:40 PM, N8N wrote:

Bought appliance paint and will try that.
Thanks for the suggestions.