dryer overheating randomly

Hi, My GE electric dryer is super heating randomly...we always use timed dry (60-80 minutes)...on random loads the dryer will heat the clothes too hot to touch...I've check for a lint clog...the timer runs...doesn't seem to get hung up...any ideas?
Thanks.
The dryer has a internal thermostatic "Klixon" type switch that cycles the elements on and off maintaining an average temperature that is acceptable for clothes drying. It may have two - one for hi temp and one for low. What ever the case may be, it sounds like it is malfunctioning. Call an appliance repair person to check this out as a fire may be in the offing.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (tsltrek) wrote in message
Hi,

Intermittant problems are the worst to work through!!

Shorted to ground heating element can cause the element to stay on, bad thermostat ( operating ) can also do this, but being intermittant you would alomost have to catch the dryer in the act to see what or why.

All the way through the dryer and out the venting system to the vent hood?

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (jeff) wrote in message

I'm thinking of just replacing the two cycling thermostats (not the high temp or safety tstats as they are $50+)...sound like a good idea?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (tsltrek) wrote in message

G'day,
If the heating element is not grounded ( http://www.applianceaid.com/grounded.html ) then yes, changing the 2 operating thermostats ( on the fan blower area ) is not a bad idea.
jeff wrote:

idea?
I replaced both thermostats and the dryer has been working as expected....thanks for the advice.
TSLtrek wrote:

Glad to hear that! Thankx for the update!! :) jeff. Appliance Repair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com /