Dryer is no longer spinning

ABout 1 week ago, the dryer was not drying clothes as well as before so the plastic ducting in the rear was replaced with an aluminum (bendable) 4 inch duct. 1 week later, the dryer turns on and heat is generated but the tumbler is no longer tumbling. Before calling a repair company, is there something to try (without actually opening it up)? Any tips would be great.
On 11 Mar 2007 20:00:11 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The belt may have slipped off. Is there an access door on the lower end of the dryer? Does the top of the dryer lift off? If so just reposition the belt or replace it.
All very good tips. Thanks everyone. I think this one is beyond me and have called in the expert. So there is another lint trap inside the machine besides the one that requires cleaning after each load? Or did I misunderstand?
There is no door on the front lower panel and nor can I pop the top portion off to take a look at the belt. Hope the repair man does not have to get access from the rear.
Update: Managed to get the top of the dryer to pop up. There were 2 clips that needed a screwdriver to unlock the clips. The thin belt that should be wrapped around the drum has snapped. Called the repaiman anyway but thanks for all the tips. Made me do some more reading and curiosity made me try to open the thing. Whatdaya know!? :)

Your over half way there - now that the top is off look down at the bottom of the front of the dryer. Typically there are a couple of screws that remove the front, or sometimes they are under the lid on the front panel. Once the front is of changing the belt is a snap!
If you can't unplug the thing be sure the breaker is off, and test it to make sure it is getting no power though before you start ripping into it!