dryer:gas to elec hookup switch

What supplies are neccessary to switch a dryer hookup from gas to electric? I am not mechanically stupid I just haven't done this particular job before. Thank you!
Please those of you who have nothing better to do with your time than be sarcastic don't waste my time with your posts. I'm too busy to search multiple posts of mouth running for real answers.

Plug the gas line. You have to run a new 240V circuit for the dryer. Check the specs, but probably a 40A with #8 wire.

Natural gas dryers are far cheaper to operate in most areas, and the required 4 wire copper cable and breaker will be costly. GO ONLY WITH $ WIRE FOR A NEW INSTALL. Check the main panel for amp capacity!
Why would someone want to downgrade from gas to electric?

I meant to say only 4 wire plug for a new install.

You could run #8 wire, but thats overkill. Most dryers are 30A circuits, so you can run #10 wire.
On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 19:46:46 -0700, Smitty Two

Yes, a very good idea. They have small turbines for inside use now.
On Apr 13, 12:15pm, ksfoodjunkie_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (quapawgirl) wrote:

As Ed says, run a new wire and box/receptacle. Four wire connections may be needed, so check before you buy the wire. Copper is really getting pricey these days.
Joe