Dryer - Electrical

I replaced the igniter and igniter-bracket in my Hot Point ( GE ) gas dryer because of bad electrical connection. Before replacing the igniter would only sporadically glow (unless hit with a wooden stick). I could tell from my multi-meter the problem was a bad connection.
Now the igniter works fine, but the gas valve never opens, and eventually the igniter is shut off. Is it possible I damaged another part during repair?
Any help before my wife starts using the wooden stick on me, would be much appreciated.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Are you sure you wired it back the way it was?
The igniter is usually intended to be in series with the valve.

I don't know how likely this is, but with the gas stove a year ago, my friend managed to mount the ignitor so that the gas turned on but the ignitor didn't light it. He pointed the ignitor in the wrong direction or used the wrong hole or something. I should not have let him remove it without checking it first.

BTW the gas valve is quiet when it opens. The only way we could tell was by the smell, and even that required us to wait a while and possibly if there is a breeze in the wrong direction, you might not smell it???

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Chances are one of the valve coils is bad.

How to I tell which one is the bad one?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

The coils are typically sold as a set -- you may get lucky and find the bad one and replace only that one, then have another fail soon thereafter. Spend a few bucks now to avoid aggravation.