Dryer Door Pops Open

I have a Whirlpool GEW9868 series (circa 2001) dryer. The door pops open after a few minutes of drying time.
It feels like a latch on one side has either broken or come loose from its support inside the front panel.
I checked the Whirlpool web site, but found no assembly instructions for this kind of dryer. Does anyone know how to remove the front panel from this kind of dryer?

Not familiar with this particular dryer, but most have two screws along the bottom front. Remove the screws, pull out at the bottom. The panel will pivot on little brackets at the top.
Unplug the dryer first. You will probably have to disconnect the door switch to completely remove the front panel.
HTH,
Paul
Hi and Happy New Years,
Jeff wrote: