DRYER DOESN'T DRY CLOTHES WELL

When clothes aren't drying, it's either the element or the spinning.
But, this is a new dryer.
Could it be the vent is clogged after 30 years? It vents into the attic.
How do I clean it out?
If you mean it vents into the attic space itself not outside you need to fix this issue and vent it outside. Venting inside will cause the wood in the attic to rot.
MRS. CLEAN wrote:

Clean _what_ out? With whatever you have that works best. Like, find any buildup, knock it loose (think flue-cleaning brush on extension wand), suck it up with shop-vac or such.
OTOH, cleaning out attic of 30-yrs-worth of lint and rot may be a bulldozer job. Literally.
Lotsa luck, J

Yes!
This is quite a fire hazard too by the way. One of the leading causes of home fires if memory serves.

That's trouble too, for different reasons. The moisture will not do good things for you rattic. Might want to check your attic for indications of mold, and get someone to extend that vent up to the roof with a proper roof cap.

There are kits with round brushes, and flexible shafts available at appliance stores, big box home depot like places, wal mart too I think.
-- Todd H. http://www.toddh.net /
a good friend mistakedly vented a dryer into a otherwise unused chimney. over time it plugged with lint and the dryer finally overheated and shut down.
it took me 30 seconds to understand his trouble, I asked WAT were you thinking?
he changed the vent and never dod understand the problem even after looking at the totally lint plugged vent......
it should all go up thru the roof?
he just didnt get it:(
ok, I will buy a brush and shop vac for the vent clean up.
As far as the moisture goes, I figure the leaking heat ducts must keep it pretty dry up there!!!!
I really am going to tape up the airducts at the connectors and clean out the dryer vent.
But, it's a rental, so when I get roundtoit. All routine for a 30 yr old house.
Thanks.
Todd H. wrote:

If you need help with the best way to clean the dryer vent, including tool suggestions go to http://CleanYourOwnDryerVent.com /
Alisa LeSueur Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician
MRS. CLEAN wrote:

Oh, yes, take my money for nothing.
CDET 14 wrote:

Here's the same thing for free:
http://www.ehow.com/how_112348_fix-clothes-dryer.html
CDET 14 wrote:

It's not the same thing. Not as much detail. Doesn't cover all possibilities.
Alisa LeSueur Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician
MRS. CLEAN wrote:

Of course not.
CDET 14 wrote:

I installed a new dryer last year, and within months clothes weren't drying properly, and then my laundry room started getting steamy... turned out that the screen on the exterior vent was damaged, and squirrels were travelling the whole length (appr. 30') of horizontal venting and nesting right next to the dryer. Lucky for us (and the squirrels) that we didn't have a fire.
with a chimney brush and a shop vac, we got it pretty clean.

This has so much wrong with it... this a troll?
tom