dryer despair

please help!!! two days ago, my dryer stopped heating, everything else works. Since I replaced the heating element on this dryer just eight months ago and I originally thought that was the problem, i had a spare dryer, WOW same problem, no heat. I bought a volt meter, I get 240 from the outside terminals of a four prong outlet, i get 120 from one side and the top, but nothing from the bottom. I have reset the breaker over and over, but it was never tripped. what are the chances both dryers have the same problem? Should i test the actual dryers, and how. i saw some archived info about the heating element etc. but are you supposed to plug the dryer in to test all the parts? help help!!!!!
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You would have to measure the 240V on the outside terminals when the dryer is actually running and the timer is calling for heat. Otherwise, the meter is soooo sensitive it will read 240V even when there is a problem.
More than likely, the breaker is making poor contact to the buss bar, the breaker is failing internally, or the wire to the breaker lug or receptacle is making poor contact.
Jim