Dryer breaker

Page 4 of 4
On 9/8/2015 12:12 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

The dryer plug will tell you a lot. The older driers used a three prong plug, the newer ones four prong.
In case of an older three prong, your 10/2wg works fine.
On Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 8:35:18 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Every new dryer I've seen can be used with either a 3 wire or 4 wire cord. They typically don't include a cord, because they don't know if you have a 3 wire or 4 wire receptacle, so you buy that separately.

It isn't fine, it's a code violation. Installation of a new dryer circuit requires 4 wires.
On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 08:35:18 -0400, Stormin Mormon

Not legally. The 3d wire must be insulated

In the modern post Constitutional north America, legal and safe might not be the same thing, now days.

The breaker for mine is 30 amps. I would assume that most all dryers for normal house use would be the same.
Just make sure you use the size of wire for the breaker current.
On Tue, 8 Sep 2015 11:19:51 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"

You want a 10 gauge 4 wire circuit on a 30 gauge circuit. Typicall;y this is 10/3 wg Romex. Use a 14-30r receptacle.
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 8 Sep 2015 10:00:44 -0500, "Terry Coombs"

Weren't their instructions with the dryer, or did you get one of those kits from Eico?

--

Stumpy Strumpet
the bimbus
micky wrote:

Instructions don't come with a used appliance .
--
Snag

On Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 7:11:58 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

But manuals are usually a search away...
bob_villa wrote:

I did a web search on the model number , came up with nothing of use . Parts links and repair links , no user manuals or install requirements found .
--
Snag

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 8 Sep 2015 19:12:03 -0500, "Terry Coombs"

Good point. ;-)
--

Stumpy Strumpet
the bimbus
On 9/8/2015 11:00 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Every clothes drier I've seen used a double 30.