dry wall question?

What does it run to have sheetrock put in a room with tape, bed and texture? In Texas? Thanks.
Joe
About $500.00

texture?
I assume since you are in Texas then room is huge. So probably at least a million dollars.

did you want it installed also?
or just put in the room?
Lot of jokesters in here huh? :)
Joe

On 12/9/2004 1:48 PM US(ET), Joe B. took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Yup. And they are from all over the US and the rest of the world, where the cost of construction and labor is different from one place to another. Perhaps, if someone here was from the same location where you are, and they had some work done, they might be able to give you a reasonable price, but then you have to consider the amount of work they had done as compared to yours, and the specific contractor's prices. Some charge more or less than others. The rate is usually based upon the square footage of the drywall to be installed, which includes the price of the materials, the installation, and the finishing of the drywall (which usually is a 3 day task). So, the first thing you might do is estimate how much square footage you will be installing and then call around to local 'rockers' and ask how much they charge.

well joe, go read your original question, are we supposed to read your mind on the size of the room? is the ceiling to be done? who did the framing?
these things we need to know, I knew a guy who charged $20/sheet, to install, tape, sand ( your sheets)
you are not being specific enough in any of your posts in this thread so far to elicit a lucid answer to a question
if you don't understand this, call any drywall company in the local phone book with your exact question posed here
then, once you have completed your homework, post all the answers here, we'll see who the "jokester" is (some of us already know)