Dry Wall Hanging cost

Hi, Does anyone know what the cost of labor would be for hanging a sheet of drywall. A friend of a friend offered to repair a large hole in the wall of our staircase and is not charging. I definitely want to pay him something, but am not sure what the going rate is. Thanks for any guidance. Dunzley

Reply to
Dunzley

I have found that dry wall work is the least costly of all of the trades. I'd suggest looking at how many hours were expended and offer a sum based on a reasonable rate plus materials. Sounds like a good friend.

RB

Dunzley wrote:

Reply to
RB

Do not insult him by paying him. Fix a "special" dinner the day he does it. Then send a card saying thanks. Of course his family, or SO would be included.

Friends do not usually volunteer because the want money. Return the love with love

Reply to
SQLit

Case of beer?

Reply to
3rd eye

The standard rate is something like $5.00 a 4x8 sheet plus $1.00 per cut.

This is for hanging sheetrock in a new house where you are hanging possibly

100's of sheets and does not include taping.

I have no idea if repair work has a standard rate..

Reply to
Cliff Hartle