dry rot repair

I'm in the process of restoring a two story building. There are dry rot issues in only two small areas smaller than one sq. ft. each but its in an area that is difficult to get at. Both dry rot damages are between the first floor ceiling and the second floor around the rim joists, vertical studs and the 4x8 ply wood behind the stucco.

What is the proper and acceptable method for repair? Do I need to rip out the stucco from the outside and replace the damaged wood. Or is it acceptable to repair form the inside with epoxy designed for dry rot restoration? I know I need to contact the city inspector and pull a permit but I like to know what methods you guys used for this kind of repair first.

Reply to
Fred

Is it a load-bearing wall? Tom

Reply to
tom

Should be, it's an outside wall with a second story above it.

Reply to
Fred

In article , snipped-for-privacy@Cross.Bal says... :) I'm in the process of restoring a two story building. There are dry rot :) issues in only two small areas smaller than one sq. ft. each but its in an :) area that is difficult to get at. Both dry rot damages are between the first :) floor ceiling and the second floor around the rim joists, vertical studs and :) the 4x8 ply wood behind the stucco. :) :) What is the proper and acceptable method for repair? Do I need to rip out :) the stucco from the outside and replace the damaged wood. Or is it :) acceptable to repair form the inside with epoxy designed for dry rot :) restoration? I know I need to contact the city inspector and pull a permit :) but I like to know what methods you guys used for this kind of repair first. :) :) :) Be sure to address the moisture causing the rot.

Reply to
Lar