Dry-lock -- oil or latex? ? ?

I need to put a coat of Drylock on my basement wall. Which is the better, oil or latex?

It comes in both, and in fact the oil is cheaper.

Also, what's the best way to put it on a VERY uneven stone and cement wall"

And does it really stop leakage for very long?

Reply to
Ray Jenkins

The co I beleive says they both work the same, But the oil has alot of volitile chemicals in it. I would bleach out any mold and be sure the mortar is good and the stone clean. Depending on your leak it may or may not work , I have always needed 5-7 coats. Use the thickest roller you can get. Your leak realy should be repaired from the exterior.

Reply to
m Ransley

Thanks m -- that guidance tells me what I need to know.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Jenkins

Correction of your drainage problems outside. You can't fix a leaky damp basement with paint of any kind. Don't bother you are wasting your time. Most of the time just directing ground water away from your foundation does the trick.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan