Dropping the monitoring of the home alarm?

Page 2 of 2
Alarm companies are more crooked than the crooks!
You may be locked into a multi-year monitoring agreement with automatic renewals!
And if monitoring stops, your system may stop working. Depends on the security company you have. The good guys will switch it over to a "local" system for you.
Ask at alt.security.alarms for advice on this. Tell them the name of your security company. Also read your monitoring contract, especially the small print and backside. If you notify the security company, keep a copy of your letter and send it certified mail return receipt requested.
They may want you to pay for the full length of the term of the contract. Also determine who owns the equipment. You or the security company.
"Mike" wrote in message

Mike wrote:

A study by the Maryland State Fire Marshall showed that half of the lives lost in a ten year period in Maryland would have been saved by the use of monitored fire alarms. All but two would have been saved by residential automatic fire sprinklers.
--
Tom Horne

Well we aren\'t no thin blue heroes but we aren\'t no blackguards to.

Does the above exclude exclude situations with working smoke detectors? Virtually every fire fatality I've read about where info was provided, there was no working smoke detector.