Dropped & cracked toilet tank cover (what are my options?)

Just broke this, by mistake, while repairing the flap valve:
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3674/13925344103_38e899f260_h.jpg
What are the options for "repair" for a toilet tank cover?
On 4/18/2014 7:01 PM, Danny D. wrote:

Cyanoacryllate, and epoxy come to mind.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Friday, April 18, 2014 6:01:04 PM UTC-5, Danny D. wrote:

Danny D. wrote:

Make your own out of a 1x8 or plywood.
On 4/18/2014 4:01 PM, Danny D. wrote:

If you are devious, tell them it came out of the box that way and you'd like a replacement. If you are somewhat honest, eat it, and go buy another. (no one is totally honest, no jab at you intended.)
Steve
On 4/18/2014 5:40 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

Does it show signs of recovery after therapy sessions? How many sessions does it usually take?
Steve

1. Glue together...white glue, yellow glue, CA, epoxy, JB Weld...any will do.
2. Replace with plywood
3. Leave bare <NOTE: you will no longer be able to set things there
4. Buy a new one
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Most cities have at least one depot that resells useable fixtures salvaged from demolished houses. You can take the broken cover with you when searching for a replacement.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 16:06:13 -0700, Oren wrote:

Um, I see a Kohler model number on the valve mechanism: Kohler, Model 703, 84679-AA
But, where is the model number of the toilet tank itself?
On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 06:43:07 -0400, dadiOH wrote:

I hadn't realized they sell "just" the tank covers, so, I should be able to find one, if I can find the model number of the tank.
On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 19:51:00 -0700, Oren wrote:

Sorry for not updating this sooner, but, the part number for the almond Kohler one-piece toilet bowl was stamped on a similar bowl:
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7435/13951657987_729f7de63b.jpg
Putting the information from two toilet bowls together, it's most likely some part of the combined number below: T75 UPC K3384CA 20142 72800 (#70 ALM 08 15) Where I think the 72800 is a date code (i.e., 7/28/00)
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5480/13951672289_b3b4259ce7.jpg
The almond Kohler cover itself was stamped with the imprint: T38 UPC 84250 20304 81100 Where I think the 81100 is a date code (i.e., 8/11/00)
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2911/13951657477_064ee99555.jpg
Here is a top picture:
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7367/14115152696_130ceb3224.jpg
And a bottom shot:
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2911/13951657477_064ee99555.jpg
And a fitment test:
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2925/14158405403_df60300901.jpg
Now all I have to do is find the thing, now that I know the probable part numbers.
On 4/18/2014 7:01 PM, Danny D. wrote:

If you can't replace it, I'd carefully use epoxy as others suggest. My wife's always putting doilies. sea shells, etc on top of ours and no one would notice an imperfect job.
On Thu, 08 May 2014 12:10:19 -0700, Oren wrote:

Actually, they're both Almond. Both are in the same house. I hadn't realized that there were two of the same toilets.
Now that I know the part number, googling, for kohler T 38 UPC 84250 20304 I find this: http://www.plumbingsupply.com/toilettanklid.html
This one is the wrong color, but I should part out my house at these prices: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kohler-84250-Toilet-Tank-Lid-Cover-1010658-20304-20842-Mexican-Sand-1D-/200951489522
On 5/9/14, 3:54 AM, Danny D. wrote:

The same seller has your almond under the K3384 number
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kohler-1010658-Toilet-Tank-Lid-for-K3384-San-Rafael-tanks-ALMOND-84250-1C-/200997553017
or Kohler has it at http://www.us.kohler.com/us/COVER,-TANK,-TOILET/productDetail/Service-Parts/635046.htm?skuId `7721&brandId=null&isRedirectedTo=true&searchTerm250&_requestid'86567
On 5/9/14, 8:04 AM, Retired wrote:

OOPS..... The almond color is discontinued at Kohler. Good Luck......
On 5/9/2014 3:54 AM, Danny D. wrote:

I buy a lot of replacement/spare parts for machines. That is really not a bad price. It has to be sorted, stored, photographed, advertised, packaged, and risk never being sold after all of that.
Consider all the options though. 1. buy the lid for $75 2. repair what you have. 3. buy and install a new comfort height toilet and enjoy the benefits.
On 5/9/2014 9:18 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

4. Cut one out of wood to rest on top of the tank. Paint it or cover it with adhesive-backed shelf liner. It'll do.
On Monday, May 12, 2014 11:03:11 AM UTC-4, Moe DeLoughan wrote:

5. You have the pieces.
Use them to make a mold.
Use the mold to layup a fiberglas replacement.