Driving Rain coming in sliding patio door

I'm not sure what you are after.

Pemko and others make door bottoms that seal at the bottom. I don't know that any will be water proof in a hurricane. You might look at this:

look at the bottom of the page at the SA1 or any of those listed in the 400s. They have a rod that hits the jamb and pushes down the weather strip.

DanG

My friend on the Gulf Coast has a 14'th floor suite with a sliding patio door facing the ocean. During last fall's hurricane the driving rain made it through the door bottom (or sides) & caused water/mould damage in her suite walls & carpet.

I noticed the door had a high 2" metal threshold on the inside which I guess was meant to stop most water from coming in - but the outside weatherstripping was the fuzzy stuff & was not super tight against the door. The ...hurricane force... winds drove the rain right under the door.

Are there devices one can attach to the patio doors to prevent this?

What I was thinking of that might work is something that could be installed that would snap tight against the door bottom (and sides) just as the door is closed - and would snap away from the door when the door is opened. (if they make such a thing that is).

Problem is - with her on the 14'th floor - whatever is installed has to allow her to open & close the door from the inside.

I have photos of the existing door bottom.

Thanks