driveway statues - looking for ideas

and please dont tell me to google, thats where i've been for the past hour.

looking for some honest to goodness scary statues for bordering my driveway. nothing comical, nothing mildly scary. something that makes you want to loose your lunch or turn around and leave would be in the right vein.

Reply to
Tater

you might need to google to find these

skiatook statuary in tulsa oklahoma double d statuary in texas henri studio in chicago

these are major producers of concrete statuary

Reply to
marks542004

Have you looked for gargoyles? Nifty ones show up at antique dealers sometimes.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Should do the trick.

RicodJour

Gargoyles could be fun, especially if you put a motion detector and put red dye in the plumbing...

"Tater" wrote

another search term (sorry, i know you said not to google) is grotesques, which are the same as gargoyles, except they don't spit. (Gargoyles were used to divert rainwater away from castle foundations, grotesques are purely decorative.)

I like the gutter gargoyle here:

has a nice "scary" w>something that makes you want to loose your lunch or turn around and

mind you, a statue like the above would make me want to come in and meat (sic) the neat folk that live there.

I might suggest getting in touch with you local iron-maker and butcher. Large spikes with rotting flesh might make want to turn around and leave.

Reply to
Philip Lewis

Here in NY a hillary statue would do the trick- but make sure there's not a line from the road, through it, towards your house.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

I was in Beijing earlier this year. To get off the beaten path I often jumped on a bus and let it take me anywhere. There was this place on the east suburbs of Beijing that is a home renovator's paradise. On something like four acres of small row shops are just about every trade and building products one can wish for. Of particular interest to me were these stacks and stacks of dressed and polished stone of all types, mineral patterns and colors. They make excellent kitchen and bathroom counters, 24" x 24" floor and wall tiles, etc. In the same sector were at least a dozen shops selling ready carved statues. If a Chinese business want a pair of large traditional stone lions to grace the doorway, just pick them up and place them the same day. There were dragons of the Chinese variety as well as of the St. George (western) type. One shop even specialized in Greco-Roman carvings. I am sure if a picture is provided they can carve anything you want in any stone you want.

On the TV show Mythbusters, they once had an episode where they went to Calfornia merchant that sells clay pots and ceramics from China. Such a shop may have the statuttes you want.

Reply to
PaPaPeng

so what would scare you off? so far everyones suggestions have been real weak (c'mon, a hillary? i want **SCARY**)

sounds like a start, I think that maybe bent up circular saw blades with lots of bloodstains might also work.

might also look into mechanicals with lots and lots of gun barrels.

Reply to
Tater

Wouldn't a "No soliciting" sign do what you want?

Reply to
HeyBub

I want something that leaves not only the impression that solicitors are not wanted, but that returning to the place would give them uneasy feelings. some people think that signs are not meant for them, or that they are special in some way.

the uneasy feeling of Dread is what i think i am looking for. my freinds know me well enought that groteques that could convey that feeling would be right up my alley.

Reply to
Tater