driveway seam repair

The wood expansion joints in my driveway and walkway have eroded to where there is little wood left and many weeks now growing. Any special wood used, what is prep, etc. Looks like you know what...
I've had good, long-lasting results using self-leveling polyurethane caulk over backer rod. I live in the Midwest with cold winters and hot summers so there is significant expansion/contraction happening.
cc wrote:

Is this a product that is poured? Available at HD or Lowe's?

I just replaced my wood expansion joint. First I cleaned out the joint. I used PT lumber, thinned it just enough for a snug fit, stained it using gray decking stain, and secured it into place using Liquid Nails. After a day, it was caulked using gray caulk. Should last another 15 years, maybe more.