Driveway sealer peeling off

I applied two coats of "top quality" driveway sealer last fall (one coat using Home Despot brand and 2nd coat using Sears brand). The buckets said that the sealer would last for 7 years.
Everything looked fine until the snow melted and I noticed that the sealer is peeling away in several parts of the driveway.
Why is it peeling after just 6 months?
(Note I washed the driveway as per the instructions just before applying.)
Did the driveway dry for a few day before recoating
The driveway should be very clean before applying the coating. All spills such as oil must be scrubbed, burned or sandblasted off the asphalt. And of course the driveway must be washed well before coating.
If you are applying more than 1 coat of sealer, then the first coat should be very well dried before applying the second coat. Although many folks may disagree, I always wait at least 3 days between coats, even in the hottest part of the summer. I also recommend avoiding application of the sealer when the driveway is super hot.
Basically, you are following the guidelines similar to those for painting- clean surface, dry surface, non-oily surface, don't apply in the sun, and provide ample drying time between coats. It works for me.
Good luck, Gideon
=============== blueman wrote in message ... I applied two coats of "top quality" driveway sealer last fall (one coat using Home Despot brand and 2nd coat using Sears brand). The buckets said that the sealer would last for 7 years.