driveway sealer on PT posts: ok or not?

Is there any reason I should *NOT* dip my PT fence posts in leftover driveway sealer and let them dry thoroughly before sinking them in the fence holes? This would be easier for me than running out to buy a gallon of clear sealer and would seem to accomplish the same purpose of providing extra rot resistant protection for the wood.