Driveway road mirror (request ideas for a cheap workable mirror)

In my area of the country it is required for a motor vehicle operator to stop to check for traffic before entering any roadway irregardless of whether or not the driveway or parking lot is equipped and marked with a stop sign...

********** The law, and what people actually will do, are two different things. If people followed the laws, I think we would have fewer accidents but when they dont, or wont, maybe a mirror would help **********

The OP's interest in installing a mirror would make no difference in my area, he would still have to stop even if he could see no cars were coming before reaching the boundary edge of the roadway...

*********** See above...Maybe he SHOULD stop but he might not HAVE TO stop ***********

~~ Evan

Reply to
hls

And you if you have your Ph.D or other advanced degree in Computer Science and have become nothing more than a Usenet troll, I would say that is more damning evidence against all people who possess that level of education in the subject matter as opposed to your condemnation of people located in the same geographical area of the world where my VPN server happens to be located... located...

Why don't you read the thread posted by the idiot that wanted to drop a capacitor in a bathtub and try your own similar experiment...

~~ Evan

Reply to
Evan

And IF my Aunt bore testicles, I'd refer to her as Uncle. But given that your post was a vacuous proposal/complaint in response to my jest, I respectfully submit that should you have a desire to locate the actual troll, I suggest you take a look in the general vicinity of the nearest mirror.

Again the obvious, save to anyone other than yourself, quite effectively escapes your conspicuously paralytic grasp.

Yet even more risible lecturing from a poseur that undoubtedly couldn't, this time, begin to describe the simple distinction between a Norton and Thevenin equivalent circuit. You're hilarious, you should seriously consider taking that pathetically feeble Dr. Irwin Corey-esque imitative routine on the road.

Reply to
Hoof Hearted

Your Jest? Posting a pic to a text group is not easy. That was just a joke. Right?

Norton and Thevenin equivalent circuit?

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, try to baffle them with bullshit. Or Pig Latin.

Reply to
Metspitzer

If you have something to say, do by all means state it, if you can possibly manage to muster the necessary intestinal fortitude.

Yes, they're really rather fundamental circuit analysis techniques and concepts students are introduced to (and are expected to easily master) in a first year electrical circuits class. From your approach. my guess would be that you're, at best, possibly a vocationally trained electrician and have never in the past even so much as heard of either, as I can't imagine any competent person familiar with them posing such an otherwise brain dead pretense.

Your proposing such rudiments to be bullshit only serves to expose you as the incompetent you clearly must be, and your bullshit allusion, sans actual brilliant content (or any germane content whatsoever), certainly hasn't attained its desired goal in successfully leading to any confusion. But the truest form of bullshit pretension was in fact Evan's attempt to once again lecture and display his electrical "knowledge and insight" in his suggest to me, which, along with other truncated comments, you've so conveniently, intentionally, purposefully and cravenly snipped.

Is that an attempt to indicate that you too (or should that be two) were totally flummoxed by that which wouldn't start to bewilder a retarded 10 year old in a hurry, i.e., the ROT13? Or might it have been the legal principle of res ipsa loquitur you mistook for "Pig Latin"? You're evidently quite easily confused, particularly by "that there book learnin'", or so you've provided every indication. Should it have been your intention to serve as Evan's either "savior to the rescue", or simply his surrogate, it is my considered opinion that you too have failed most miserably and have accomplished nothing more than joining him in the ranks of complete and utter embarrassments.

But don't let me stop you, do continue to keep digging that hole.

Reply to
Hoof Hearted

Other than using the fancy latin legal phraseology you have yet to explain what duty of care exists as far as anything in this thread OR how this unexplained phenomena speaks anything let alone about itself in a legally sufficient way for a lawsuit to be won or lost...

Let's look at the situation being discussed here:

OP installs the "mirror" and an accident occurs --

The existence of the mirror itself means that the OP was aware of and took action to mitigate some deficiency of design or installation of the driveway... The fact that the mirror itself exists creates an increased duty of care on the part of the OP because he has been aware of some danger so when an accident eventually occurs he will face a much greater burden to overcome in proving it wasn't his fault...

OP cuts down all the brush to improve visibility --

The trimming of the bushes by themselves proves nothing, it is just as reasonable an assertion to make that the brush was trimmed and/or removed to allow for a wider path in the driveway, to reduce the chance that brush overhanging the driveway would scratch the OP's vehicles... Increasing the visibility is only one reasonable explanation for explaining the fact that the brush was cut down...

A mirror can only be used to increase visibility -- cutting bushes/brush away can have many numerous causalities...

So do you want to fit your fancy words to the case at point counselor or do you want to espouse more of your bullshit and pig latin non-sense ?

~~ Evan

Reply to
Evan

Let's not, as none of my comments, nor any of those either you or KW (hopefully the abbreviation won't also confuse you) have objected to heretofore, had the slightest thing to do with anything other than the posting of a picture, although, given your laughably indefensible rebuttals, I can readily understand your desperate desire for obfuscation and misdirection.

I'm not a counselor, in the legal sense you imply, I'm an engineer.

You've not come REMOTELY close to describing ANYTHING I've penned as either bullshit, pig latin or nonsense. You should be embarrassed, and would be, had you the capacity to be.

PS The reason for the truncated earlier osts is due to the servers complaint and restriction of "too many quoted lines".

Reply to
Hoof Hearted

Really? Explain what value bringing up Norton and Thevenin equivalent circuit has added to the conversation?

Wait! I know. Nothing.

Reply to
Metspitzer

Not only was it clearly implicit, it was later explained in painful detail to you already, so I'm quite sure any additional spoonfed instruction is certain to also strike nothing save more dead brain cells and would accordingly continue to only serve to mimic your own "contributions" as a complete waste of time and bandwidth.

With the simple, astute deletion of a single element of punctuation, I've fixed it for you and clarified its truth.

Reply to
Hoof Hearted

Ah, an engineer...

Let's give you something to ponder and study then:

Is it more difficult to design a system to extract your head from your own ass, or a system to remove the keyboard from your computer which I am more than sure I am not the only one here which would gladly insert into the aforementioned orifice for you...

The Either that or you are just a stupid f***ing troll...

My vote is for troll...

~~ Evan

Reply to
Evan

** SNIFF **

Troll... Definitely troll...

Reply to
Evan

You're a good driver, definitely a good driver.

But here, one final time, is an analogous approach to the reasoning for my N&TEC cite, although also unlikely, you just might be capable of understanding, given that you haven't been able to grasp the patently obvious presented to you umpteen times already:

In this scenario we have an umpire (me) calling the base runner out at 3rd while the height challenged, one-eyed, bespectacled, mental patient sitting at the rear of the far right field stands, directly behind a roof post (you) screams at the top of his lungs that the 3rd baseman missed the tag (with apologies to Uecker).

I'll waste not another nanosecond either reading or responding to your inane posts or replies anywhere on usenet.

Reply to
Hoof Hearted

AWWWWWWW....

Why should I care about what a troll with all of 14 posts on UseNet thinks... Go hide back under a bridge, or better yet emerge with a new persona/identity in a few days on another group like you trolls tend to do...

You added NOTHING to this topic discussion...

Hoping that you choose to find something useful to do with yourself that doesn't involve the internet...

~~ Evan

Reply to
Evan

Sorry, but I agree with Hoof on this. He had you two dead-to-rights on every point, in my opinion.

Reply to
Patok

People always make the mistake of installing a convex mirror. This is nearl y useless, since it exaggerates distance and makes everything more than a f ew feet away a tiny speck.

Your main concern is traffic in the nearest lane, which means coming from t he left. Thus, your best bet is to put a FLAT mirror that lets you see down the road to your left. If there's nothing coming from the left, you can no se out into the road and take a look to your right.

Reply to
venusprobe