Driveway replacement questions

I'm getting ready to replace my driveway. It was poured in 1948, and it's in very bad condition. I'll be replacing a double wide driveway, the attached sidewalk, and the walkway up to the front of the house. Since I don't have the time or the skills, I'm planning on contracting it out.

Any advice as to what to look out for in contractors? I'm in Lebanon, Oregon. Anyone nearby know of a reputable contractor that can do this? Anyone have a driveway replaced recently and care to share what it cost?

Reply to
Ook

. Anyone nearby know of a reputable contractor that can do this? and ......... what it cost?

I've read there's a guy named Nasrallah there who sometimes does them for free...

More seriously, no.

Reply to
Sev

Get a written agreement describing work to be done, what to do about damage resulting from construction, construction, and price.

TB

Reply to
tbasc

In general, $3-4 per sft is the going rate in Texas for removal of old concrete, pooring new one. Make sure you're there during the poor and force them to pull up the wire mesh so it's in the center of the new concrete. If they don't do that, you might as well not have any mesh, and your concrete will crack within a few years and look worse and worse.

good luck

Ook wrote:

Reply to
tim1198

Tell me more about wire mesh. I know nothing about pouring concrete :(

Reply to
Ook