Driveway Patching

I have a bad driveway with cracks and missing spots. I am wanting to repair everything the best I can before sealing without having someone have to co me in and redo the whole driveway. Here is a picture of one bad spot: http: //imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/driveway2a.jpg/
Is there a concoction or something I can use to pour into these areas to ha rden that will make a permanent repair? I know they make liquid crack fille r I saw at lowes, but it basically says it is "semi permanent". THey have a box of "permanent" repair material but it just feels like Hard asphault an d not sure houw you would mold it to the correct shape.
Could I fill the crackes with liquid concrete then top with the liquid crac k filler? Is there some how a way to make a liquid asphault at home to pur in the areas? I have a large propane burner.
I appreciate any help!
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

No - the right way to fix it is to dig out the cracked area, make sure the base is good and replace with hotmix. ANything else is going to be temporary.

ha> >rden that will make a permanent repair?

e base

And how many areas are there where it's alligatored like that? If it's extensive, the driveway is old, then the real solution is new asphalt. But if it's not real bad, using the crack filler products available at the home centers will likely make it look better and last a couple years.
On Monday, May 13, 2013 7:43:20 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

ir everything the best I can before sealing without having someone have to come in and redo the whole driveway. Here is a picture of one bad spot: htt p://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/driveway2a.jpg/

harden that will make a permanent repair? I know they make liquid crack fil ler I saw at lowes, but it basically says it is "semi permanent". THey have a box of "permanent" repair material but it just feels like Hard asphault and not sure houw you would mold it to the correct shape.

ack filler? Is there some how a way to make a liquid asphault at home to pu r in the areas? I have a large propane burner.

The driveway is about 16 years old. I just dont have the thousands of dolla rs to redo it.
Is there a permanent solution a guy could do at home?
On May 13, 10:07 am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

pair everything the best I can before sealing without having someone have t o come in and redo the whole driveway. Here is a picture of one bad spot:ht tp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/driveway2a.jpg/

o harden that will make a permanent repair? I know they make liquid crack f iller I saw at lowes, but it basically says it is "semi permanent". THey ha ve a box of "permanent" repair material but it just feels like Hard asphaul t and not sure houw you would mold it to the correct shape.

crack filler? Is there some how a way to make a liquid asphault at home to pur in the areas? I have a large propane burner.

lars to redo it.

We can't tell from one pic of one small area. Alligatoring like that over extensive areas is a sign that it's nearing the end of it's life. You can use crack filler products to get some more life out of it, but it's not a "permanent" solution. It will look much better for another few years. On the other hand, if it's just an isolated spot like that or two that failed because of something particular to just those areas, eg the base wasn't compacted enough, etc, then you could cut out the asphalt in those area and put in cold patch. I've used cold patch in areas and done right, it's lasted 10+ years. Hot patch that Robert recommended is definitely better, but usually not available for DIY.
On 5/13/2013 10:32 AM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

everything the best I can before sealing without having someone have to come in and redo the whole driveway. Here is a picture of one bad spot:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/driveway2a.jpg/

harden that will make a permanent repair? I know they make liquid crack filler I saw at lowes, but it basically says it is "semi permanent". THey have a box of "permanent" repair material but it just feels like Hard asphault and not sure houw you would mold it to the correct shape.

filler? Is there some how a way to make a liquid asphault at home to pur in the areas? I have a large propane burner.

I nursed mine along for years with crack fillers and sealants. Had it redone a couple of years ago and resurfacer dug up spots like this, and added stone filler before adding new asphalt. Don't think you can ever get it to look uncracked.

I use fibered roofing tar. Some sand in deep holes first. Use in sun.
Greg