Driveway oil stain removal

A sealing company came by a week before the sealing job and brushed a thick black shiny paste on the areas with oil spots. In a few days the spots were completely gone.
I don't remember if the paste and stains just disappeared or if they had to be hosed off.
I want to do this myself this year and I cannot locate such a product. I don't want to call the contractor to ask him! Does anybody know?

Go at your hardware store and buy an asphalt cleaner though I never used one .
VD

There are a lot of asphalt cleaners. I haven't seen one like this. I was hoping someone was familiar with the particular product.