driveway needs buildup section of concrete

Due to general errosion throughout neighborhood one section of my drive way needsa build up layer due to water and mud after rains. the section is 15' by 12'. 0"at both ends and 3"in the center. Can I just acid wash the section and fill in with concrete or must the whole sectrion be a mimimum thickness. Stan

Reply to
Anonymous

Rather than add concrete to the top, contract your local mud jackers and get an estimate. They drill holes about 3" in diameter and pump concrete under the pad and lift it.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
Anonymous

How is adding mud going to help the situation when errosion is the original problem?

Reply to
Mark

Why is that unfortunate? It sounds to me like it is still a very good candidate for mud jacking.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

They call it mud jacking, because the concrete they use looks like mud. It is concrete. They drill holes (about 3" diameter) and pump it under pressure to raise the existing concrete. The mix will fill the voids under the existing slab. I watched them do this all around our statehouse about

10 years ago. Since then nothing has moved. I was surprised it worked as well as it did.
Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I think the concrete retaining walls I put in will mitagate the erosion. How can you pump up the small section on concrete I need higher without the rest of the continious slab cracking. I am just seeking to repair a small section in an ecnomical manner

Whats the best way to fill in this section?

Reply to
Anonymous