Driveway gate stopped working

Our USAutomatic Patriot gate completely stopped moving. I noticed the battery power was low. So I hooked up my car battery charger to it (as if I'm doing car jumpstart). Voltage came back up to > 12 volts. But pressing the remote control button still only caused a clicking sound on the circuit board; no motor turning sound. I pushed the reset button on the board. Pushed the OPEN/CLOSE COMMAND button. Nothing helped. Any advice is appreciated.

Yong Huang

Reply to
Yong Huang

Are you sure you hooked up + to + and - to -? A teversal might have damaged the PCB.

joe

Reply to
Joe

Sounds like a dead battery and bad contacts to either or both of the battery terminals.

Reply to
clifto