driveway cracked

due to the dry weather that we've had (northern texas) my driveway has developed some large cracks (about 1/4 to 1/2 inch). also noticed that one section is slightly higher than the other side of the crack.

i have seen the stuff that they have at HD & Lowes, but never been quite sure what to use.

what is the best stuff to fill in these driveway cracks?

thanks

Reply to
stevie

Maybe it would help if you told us what your driveway is mad of?

Frankly I doubt if much is going to really help since things are likely to change again when the rains return.

Reply to
stevie

Maybe it would help if you told us what your driveway is mad of?

Frankly I doubt if much is going to really help since things are likely to change again when the rains return.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

well, the driveway is about 30 years old.

it is not uncommon for this to occur in long dry periods, especially in this area (texas). since the driveway is pretty old, i'm not concerned about the contractor, bad prep, etc.

How old is the drive? How unusual is the current weather? Are other people having problems?

I would want to know if there is structural problems first. It sounds like there may be bad prep - foundation work done for the drive and/or poor design - materials for the job.

Before "fixing the cracks, I would want to know why the occurred and what is going to happen in the future. If it is a new drive, and if others in your area are not having like problems, I would want to know why from the contractor.

Reply to
stevie

I would look for a gray flexible caulk. I expect those pieces are going to continue to move. I would be surprised if even the flexible caulk is still sealing the gap come spring.

The good news is when you decide to replace it, the foundation should be fairly stable.

Reply to
stevie