Reply to
mm

No, he's on third.

Reply to
Robert Neville

Who's on third?

Reply to
mm

On Fri 10 Apr 2009 01:10:30p, told us...

Sounds like great construction, but probably overkill for where we live and our intended use. We don't have winter temperatures, or show or ice.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 10 Apr 2009 01:10:58p, told us...

Yes, many people here in the southwest have colored concrete for their driveways, walks, and patios.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 10 Apr 2009 01:21:54p, told us...

This sounds more like what I should do. Depending on costs, I might go with a thicker asphalt for durability, even though I don't really expect to have heavy vehicles on it.

Thanks!

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Never seen black concrete, or any real dark shades in any color. It'd have to be real dark to get any noticeable solar heating benefits. I suppose you could paint concrete with the asphalt sealing goop, but it probably wouldn't stick very well, and even on broom finish, it would make it slick.

Don't get me wrong- if up-front cost is no object, well-laid concrete is the clear winner. The snow-melt thing is just a side benefit that helps people like me take solace in being lower on the food chain. But with my sloped driveway (which are pretty common around here in spite of the flat terrain), it is an advantage.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

No, Whos on first.

Reply to
Robert Neville

I *don't* know.

Reply to
mm

I keep telling you - he's on third.

Reply to
Robert Neville

How is that?

Reply to
mm

On Sun 12 Apr 2009 05:40:28p, mm told us...

All I know is, somebody's way off baswe. :-)

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright