Driveway cleaner

Is there a good cleaner to get rid of oil or transmission fluid off the drive? i have a pressure washer to help but need to know what to use for cleaning.

Reply to
denied

If there's not alot sprinkle on some portland cement on the spots, mist some water on the cement and let it dry, spot gone.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

Cat litter and some naphtha. Use the naphtha then cover it with the cat litter to absorb the napatha. I would do this first, followed by twfsa's suggestion. You can also find products designed just for this use at the hardware store.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

The other suggestions are good first steps, but TSP (Tri Sodium Phosphate) is a good cleaner for concrete.

Reply to
Ken

Pour just enough paint thinner on the spot to cover it. Let is soak for a minute. Pour oil absorbent over it and grind it in with your shoe. Sweep up. Don't bother with cat litter. It works, but the oil absorbent stuff sold at autoparts stores works much better. I've had

100% success with this method.

-rev

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

The original poster did not mention whether his driveway was concrete, brick, stone or asphalt. If he pours any petroleum based solvents on asphalt, he'll be VERY sorry!

Captain Joe Redcloud©

1882 Chestnut Hill Road Mohnton, PA 19540

For a "somewhat" good time, call "Fat Lisa" (610) 856-7118

Reply to
Captain Joe Redcloud©

Good point. I might add that if it is asphalt, that transmission fluid is likely now IN the drive not on it. :-(

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

If you're going to pressure wash it, no pre-treatment is needed. Just use plain old water in your PW and it will take it all off.

Pat

Reply to
Patrick Cleburne

I've had good luck with ZEP Purple. Home Depot has it.

Reply to
NickySantoro

it is a concrete driveway and i have pressurewashed it with no luck i am going to try some of your suggestions. thanks for the reply's

Reply to
denied

Spray the area with WD40 thoroughly. Let it sit for a while. Then stomp plain clay kitty litter into it. Dispose of teh kitty litter and repeat as necessary.

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.