Driveway Alarms

Page 2 of 2
On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 10:32:58 AM UTC-5, Pavel314 wrote:

and it would be good to know if someone is coming. I'd put it far enough up the drive so that it wouldn't be set off by people who are just turning ar ound from the street.

endations of brands to seek out or avoid?

Get an old hose and bell setup from a former service station?
nate

I agree PIRs are essentially useless outdoors. The OP asked about induction systems, which only trigger on metal vehicles, but of course do not trip on people. That may be a plus or minus depending on the need.
On Fri, 09 Jan 2015 08:10:01 -0700, Arthur Conan Doyle

There are also IR beam solutions that detect anything breaking the beam, similar to the beam that garage door openers use. They are not as likely to be affected by the wind.

Good idea. Those always worked.