Dripping Sound in Kitchen Drain

My kitchen drain (one with the disposer) has an intermittent sound that sounds like water dripping but from a distance (not in that drain). I don't use the dishwasher, so I don't think it's from that and I haven't found any water leaks or dripping faucets or toilets.

Any ideas what this might be and how to correct it?

Many thanks for any info.

Reply to
nr

House plumbed with PVC/ABS drain piping? If so, residual water draining will produce faint (or loud) dripping noises.

If you don't find evidence, may be normal.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim