Dripping Sound in Kitchen Drain

My kitchen drain (one with the disposer) has an intermittent sound that sounds like water dripping but from a distance (not in that drain). I don't use the dishwasher, so I don't think it's from that and I haven't found any water leaks or dripping faucets or toilets.
Any ideas what this might be and how to correct it?
Many thanks for any info.
nr wrote:

House plumbed with PVC/ABS drain piping? If so, residual water draining will produce faint (or loud) dripping noises.
If you don't find evidence, may be normal.
Jim