dripping delex faucet

our bathroom sink is dripping, so i pull off the hot and cold handles of the delex and... am stumped. do i need to replace the removable stem? i was expecting a washer. the stem has a gasket in the middle (doesnt appear to come apart), and if you fit that stem into the recepticle on the sink, it aligns with a hole that has a rubber gasket around it. the rubber gasket sitting in the HOT recepticle doesn't appear to want to be removed but does seem like it's not 100% seated. I guess it's an O ring? What next? Thanks!!!

- The plumbing clueless (who did manage to fix our leaky toilet last month somehow).

Reply to
Rob

Excellent repair section (PDF)

The rubber "seats" do come out and are what usually fail. Get genuine Delta parts.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

thanks!!!!! hmmmmm..... theres supposed to be a spring in there? :) :). off to the hardware store i go...........

Reply to
Rob

thanks, no more drip. (and i found the mysterious hidden spring!)

Reply to
Rob