drip drip

Just installed new oversize downspouts on my home and now have a problem with a drip --drip----drip for hours after a rain from the downspout near our bed room. What is happening I think is that the last water in the gutters is slowly dripping to the down spout and dropping to the bottom of the first elbow. The oversize downspout( elbow ) acts as a big drum making a loud water torture sound all night. Any ideas on how to damping the sound? Frank

Are the gutters full of leaves?

Maybe fix a short section of rope or chain to the nearest gutterspike and let it hang into the outlet. Hopefully, it will conduct the water to the wall of the downspout, stopping the dripping noise. HTH Tom
tom wrote:

Hang a long cloths line rope from the puddle in the gutter down the rain spout to the bottom. Slow drips will follow the rope.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

is it hitting the 9o on the bottom? how about butting a small peice of sponge there?

If the downspout is on the back of the house, angle it, to make the leaning tower of townspout, then the water will roll down the side instead of dripping vertical.
Sponge inside the spout, or maybe wrap the 90 degree turn in something padded, to soak up the impact. Duct tape, pipe wrap, whatever.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Basically, a rain chain.